Sunday, November 13, 2011

MBA Week 3 Essay


Describe a personal habit that helps to define you as a person.

Each morning, like clockwork, I wake up at 6:30 and have breakfast. Not just any breakfast mind you. Every single day I have, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast, a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee. It’s been like this ever since I was a small boy. What an odd habit right? Well yes, it is odd, but it also represents consistency. Consistency is one of my feature characteristics. I am constantly positive. Whenever someone needs it, I am always there to help cheer them up, give him or her a good laugh, or even calm him or her down. With a consistent person like me, people know what they will be getting even before they turn to me for anything. That may irritate some, but the people who don’t, the people who enjoy that I am always positive, are my closest friends. Not only am I consistent with social issue, I am consistent in school. Never in my life have I received anything below an A- on a report card.  As the years go by and the classes increase in difficulty, my grades stay the same (if they don’t increase).  As well as being constantly positive and constantly receiving strong grades, the consistency rubs off on my volunteer work. Each year, without fail, you can find me helping with Christmas festivities at Compass Christian Church. So as it is plainly clear to see, the basis’ on which I live my life closely mimic my annoying little habit of having the same exact breakfast at the same exact time, everyday.

2 comments:

  1. It's quite interesting to see how you stay consistent in whatever you do. Pretty good if I say so myself, because for one, I cannot stay consistent whatsoever. But seeing this trait, it is not odd, it is pretty awesome for you to have this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I wish I could say the same about myself. I am the least consistent person I know.
    This post is amazing from many angles:

    --> It really shows off your traits to any college that you would apply to.
    --> It's pretty cool how you've used a consistent breakfast as the basis of how you live your life.
    --> The post tells a lot about who you are.
    --> Lastly, consistency is a very admirable trait to posses.

    I really can't think of any criticism for this post right now. Even the way you've portrayed your habits as annoying in some places, shows the use of a tactical flaw which, in the end, helps enhance your essay.

    ReplyDelete