Sunday, November 20, 2011

MBA Week 4 Essay


Jogging has become extremely popular. Explain why you jog or why you don't.

Many people describe jogging as a love hate relationship. You either jog because you love it, or you are forced to run and hate it. I absolutely love to jog. Sure I like to feel the crisp air when I jog in the morning, and I absolutely love keeping my body in peak physical shape, but I really LOVE jogging for another reason. When I go jogging, I usually run through my local park, Parr Park. The tall oak trees, the rushing stream and the falling leaves all create a peaceful, relaxing place to jog. When you are jogging through so much natural beauty, your mind tends to wander. The main reason I love jogging, the main reason I do it almost every day, is because of the thoughts you conjure up in your head when you have nothing distracting you. This is where my best ideas get thought up. My decision to pursue a career in medicine happened while crossing Little Bear Creek on the old log bridge. My desire to go bungee jumping and skydiving first kindled while chasing my dog through the freshly fallen oak leaves. These ideas shape who I am as a person. Without them, there would be no Andrew Christian Lehman. Without jogging, there would be no crazy ideas. To some people, the ideal morning is a big breakfast while watching TV. To me, an ideal morning involves me doing the thing I love, jogging, with my dogs through Parr Park, thinking up crazy ideas. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Andrew :) This post gives me the impression that you like to focus. I like your description on feelings you get as you run (like the weather and your mind).
    Perhaps, you could say something more about your first two sentences.
    Hope to see you some time with your dogs! hehe

    ReplyDelete